BlackRock Associate, Relationship Management, Global Consultant Relations | BlackRock in Frankfurt, DelawareGermany
Associate, Relationship Management, Global Consultant Relations | BlackRock
Open Menu Hide Menu
Associate, Relationship Management, Global Consultant Relations
Sales & Relationship Management
BlackRock’s business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients—period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That’s why investors of all kinds have made us the world’s largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it’s why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges.
About this role
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of globa iinvestment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. At nearly fourteen thousand employees located across the globe spanning 135 investment teams in 30 countries, BlackRock touches every corner of the finance industry. Blackrock is trusted to manage more money than any other investment firm and has around $6.8 trillion of assets under management.
Institutional Client Business EMEA – Global Consultant Relations
BlackRock's institutional client business serves corporate and public-sector pension funds, charities and endowments, insurers and other financial institutions, sovereign wealth funds as well as governments and official institutions.
The Global Consultant Relations (GCR) team sits within the Institutional Client Business (ICB). GCR is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with global, regional and local consultants across all asset classes. Primarily based in the US and UK, GCR is also represented in Germany, Switzerland, Japan, Hong Kong and Australia.
In practice, our commitment to fostering long-term relationships means we can gain a deep understanding of our clients' long-term objectives. Having a culture where we share knowledge across asset classes and regions allows us to create investment solutions that better meet client specific challenges. The third pillar underpinning our offering is our risk management culture and systems: we seek to ensure that every investment position is deliberate, diversified and appropriately scaled. GCR is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce regardless of race, national origin, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marriage or civil partnership, or religion or belief. We are passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees are valued and respected. Consistent with our diverse client base, we recognize the benefit that diverse teams bring to the success of our business.
Purpose of Role:
The role of the Junior Relationship Manager is to take responsibility for assigned investment consulting firms and building deep and broad relationships with the consultants
Through collaborative interaction with consultants, our objectives are:
• Monetize sales opportunities to drive increased revenue from this channel
• Secure and maintain support for key BlackRock products across our Investment Platforms
• Deliver the firm following a clear strategic engagement plan
• Deepen consultant relationships through greater access, insights and thought leadership
• Contribute to execution of strategic plan for business development through investment consultants in Germany
• Responsible for day-to-day high-quality client service to investment consultants, responding to queries in a timely and efficient manner
• Build relationships with assigned consultant firms and representatives – make yourself known as the escalation point, both internally and externally, and contribute to the dialogue across the breadth of Blackrock product capabilities
• Collaborate and engage with ICB Sales Teams, Country Management, BlackRock Alternative
Specialists (BAS) and BlackRock investment partners to execute on consultant plan strategy; ensure alignment of financial targets with business partners
• Diligent maintenance of CRM system to provide effective communication and transparency of your activity
• Working closely with colleagues on the Team to ensure delivery of high-quality RFPs and database popularization to support revenue targets.
• Partner with GCR’s Business Management team on the following:
o Delivery of investment consultant intel and insights
o Ongoing maintenance of consultant activity and business metrics
o Oversight of consultant-intermediated client pipeline data (in cooperation with ICB Sales
• Coordinate senior management engagement to drive strategic dialogue with assigned firms
• Assist in the provision of thought leadership around BlackRock’s key investment themes and
initiatives and the communication of business updates
• Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of Blackrock’s existing products and operational capabilities to successfully partner with consultants
• 3+ years’ industry experience
• Strong knowledge of German institutional market
• German and English language skills at professional level
• Ability to network and communicate effectively and form a relationship of trust with investment consultants and internal partners
• Excellent organizational and project management skills with a proven ability to prioritise effectively
• Good listening skills, inquisitive working style with a solution focused mentality.
• A results-orientated self-starter who can quickly analyse consultant needs and focus on partnership and delivery
• Proactive team player with a demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Technical knowledge and genuine interest in the German institutional market, regulatory and
investment industry and associated competitive landscape
• Strong knowledge of Investment markets that ideally spans all asset classes including alternatives
• Professional qualifications – CFA / CAIA designation is desirable
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.96 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock at https://twitter.com/blackrock |
Blog: www.blackrockblog.com at https://www.blackrockblog.com/ | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #
We create, communicate and deliver investment solutions for clients worldwide, while also developing marketing strategies for new business growth. This includes cultivating relationships with key distributors of our investment products.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and its supplement here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf . The pay transparency policy is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .
BlackRock is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Disability.Assistance@blackrock.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.